Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. Our club consented to hold a _________ as a means of raising money.
2. If you want to _________ data on employment opportunities, a good source is the Bulletin of the Department of Labor.
3. Some call it a _________ but I call it a movie.
4. Our team excelled in the last _________ of the track meet.
5. As I watched the huge jet _________ into the sky, I wished that I were on board.
6. Since Margaret has become his neighbor, Bud’s progress in school has been practically _________.
7. _________ to his phone call, I received a confirmation in the mail.
8. We are compelled to _________ this outdated theory.
9. How does that evidence _________ to the case?
10. Tim’s argument may be logical but it is too _________ to be convincing.
11. With no one to _________ the project, the entire scheme collapsed.
12. This feeble speech will do little to _________ the spirits of the audience.