Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. I insist on a _________ answer to my question.
2. Harriet’s anger was subsequently _________ by the apology.
3. The minister said those who are not _________ from sin will perish.
4. Joseph could not _________ from embracing his long-lost brother.
5. My cat and dog, though traditionally enemies, have lived in perfect _________ for years.
6. Because he liked to be prompt, Sal ate only a _________ meal.
7. The farmers were grateful that the _________ had not destroyed their harvest.
8. Jenny picked up the hot iron just as it was about to _________ my shirt.
9. The couple seemed so _________ that the breakup baffled us.
10. Chris Pollaro _________ his former position with the company.
11. It is _________ to own firearms without a license.
12. It is impossible to estimate the harm caused by the illegal use of _________.