Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1.It is to Mitchell’s credit that he gained a harvest of friends in his _________ years.
2. The _________ who gets the job must have an adequate knowledge of journalism.
3. Detective Wayne threatened to take _________ action if the outlaws did not surrender.
4. You can scarcely call Jay’s hour-long acceptance speech a _________ response to his victory.
5. If you consent to have yourself _________ against the Asiatic flu, you will be relieved of further tension or worry.
6. Brad identified the _________ as a miniature radiation gauge.
7. Kim is _________ about her poor grades, yet she rejects offers of help.
8. The warden tried to soothe the violent men by speaking to them in a _________ manner.
9. From the piles of rubbish it is obvious that the occupant of this room was an _________ person.
10. The data show that _________ classes tend to encourage greater competition in learning.
11. A rise in the wholesale prices _________ the sharp increase on the retail level.
12. In the hazy sunlight, we watched the swallows _________ over the water.