Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. The uneventful flow of news was interrupted by a report of a ship in _________.
2. Our temperature for the day dropped from a _________ of 85 degrees to a minimum of 70 degrees.
3. The dishonest employee planned to _________ with several thousand dollars of the company’s money.
4. It was easy to see that the club members resented Phil’s _________ them with silly questions.
5. Colonel Bishop’s deep sense of _________ to his men signifies an honest and honorable nature.
6. Elizabeth was finally persuaded to _________ for her remark and to pledge to be more careful in the future.
7. What I admire in Marty is that he never abandoned his _________ in their time of need.
8. Mr. Harris’ manipulation of the bank funds _________ his greed.
9. Debra had a tendency to _________ all her questions to the librarian instead of looking them up herself.
10. The registration for this course has _________ to the point where we must consider eliminating it from the curriculum.
11. The names of the days of the week are based on the names of the gods and goddesses of Norse _________.
12. The distressing fact is that we are all _________ to natural disasters.