Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. The judge _________ to this case must be a person of justice and honesty
2. I knew that the culprit was in _________ terror of being caught.
3. The _________ of the collapsed building were dazed by the tragedy.
4. How can you _________ in a favorable light a person who betrayed his country?
5. Let us explore another _________ for the hospital where the population is not so dense.
6. A good line of _________ is thrifty with words and bursting with feeling.
7. Troops were _________ in the city in a vain attempt to keep order.
8. The price he _________ for the car was essentially the same as that of his competitor.
9. Seeing the movie based on the _________ does not exempt you from reading the book.
10. The death of the millionaire _________ a bewildering number of hopeful beneficiaries.
11. The new _________ has not won unanimous acceptance; there are those who prefer the traditional ways.
12. When I _________ abroad, I come across many historic sites and structures.