Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. The _________ compartment of the plane was inspected for bombs.
2. A storm on the night of the prom meant _________ for the senior class plans.
3. Good government would assure that there are no more _________ in the land.
4. The strain of the three-hour examination almost brought Leslie to a state of _________.
5. Now that the quintuplets have come along, we are calling on an _________ to devise plans for an extension to our home.
6. The hungry man was _________ for stealing a loaf of bread.
7. Bringing expensive toys to newborn infants is just another way to _________ your money.
8. Bloodhounds were brought in to hunt for the _________ in the dense forest.
9. When it was learned that Mr. Smythe had failed to divorce his first wife, he was charged with _________.
10. Traveling _________ is an educational experience.
11. What is there to _________ in a high mark that was not honestly achieved?
12. Everyone can see that _________ has brought Jim and Stella great happiness.