Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. I have it on the highest _________ that the lead in the play has been chosen.
2. I am going to _________ my brother to become a lawyer
3. Uncle Sam is the well-known _________ of the United States.
4. We pay $5 a month to keep our house free from _________.
5. When a country is _________, it does not want to get involved in foreign conflict.
6. What type of art work do you _________ to be beautiful?
7. The _________ lion clawed at the visitors to the zoo.
8. To hear the _________ of a person in sorrow is to hear a dismal sound.
9. Only a _________ Of Ivan’s fortune was left to his human beneficiaries; most of the money was given to his cats.
10. I _________ people who are jealous of my success.
11. The unpleasant salesgirl always had a _________ on her face.
12. My father warned me not to _________ at our poor relatives.