Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. The first time a message was _________ over a telegraph was in 1840.
2. Can you _________ that this is your handwriting?
3. I took a _________ to avoid traffic.
4. We were all very _________ after the long trip.
5. There is _________ in being a good listener.
6. The judge listened to the burglar’s _________ of not guilty.
7. The runner and catcher were about to _________ at home plate.
8. Tyrone was _________ that he didn’t have any more work to do.
9. When you run a company you have at least one new _________ everyday to solve.
10. Did you _________ our reservations at the hotel ?
11. We were _________ as to who murdered the wretched old man.
12. After having been married to Arthur for thirty years, Selma could _________ everything he was going to say.