Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. Try not to be _________ when you drive a car, especially at night.
2. The brilliant investigator found an _________ answer to the problem
3. I find it more _________ to buy a monthly train ticket than to pay for each ride each day.
4. If you continue to _________ about the play, everyone will think you are a relative of the author.
5. It took one _________ and I knew it was Frank Sinatra.
6. Every week Mrs. Evans made a _________ covering the essential sums she would have to spend.
7. The coach knew how to _________ the players to do what he wanted.
8. Bobby’s job at the gas station was to _________ all the cars after they had been worked on.
9. When someone you love dies, it is a _________.
10. Journalists reported that the dropping of the bombs was a _________ act.
11. The car leaped up on the sidewalk, struck a _________, and then crashed into the bakery’s window.
12. Whirling across the stage, the _________ ballet dancer captured our hearts.