Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1.The doctor was completely _________ with dying man.
2. In an _________ whisper, Maria called for my attention.
3. We didn’t need any evidence to see that the poor man was in _________ need of money and food.
4. All his life the child was used to living in _________ areas.
5. Dry matches to _________ the campfire were sought by the boy scout.
6. Smoking is _________ in the medical building.
7. Gasoline fumes help to _________ the air.
8. The _________ in the number of people voting in national elections is due to lack of interest.
9. Some citizens believe that we will never be able to _________ war.
10. The _________ of New York City is about eight million people.
11. In the comics, Superman never _________ his true identity.
12. They needed an _________ supply of water to last for the entire trip thorough the desert.