Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. The old man had lived for seven _________.
2. He had the _________ that some day there would be peace on earth.
3. Only a _________ of the senators were against the welfare.
4. No one has ever had even a _________ of the future.
5. People used to think it was an _________ idea that human beings could ever fly.
6. We make _________ visits to Florida in the winter.
7. If you have any questions don’t _________ to ask.
8. The was only a _________ man on the beach.
9. The _________ was over the high cost of bread.
10. _________ studies have shown that the cost of living had gone up rapidly.
11. The gun alone was _________ enough to convict the killer.
12. The stories Henry told people about his adventures turned out to be merely _________.