Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1. Many Americans can be considered _________ because they deprive their body of proper foods in favor of rich, fatty foods.
2. Though he was threatened with imprisonment, Martin would not _________ the whereabouts of the treasure.
3. When the report of the airplane _________ reached us, many people pledged their help in locating survivors.
4. The only hope for the world is to _________ war.
5. The police were reluctant to use _________ force, even to preserve order.
6. This is a court of justice for the _________ and the innocent alike.
7. Certain foods that _________ tooth decay should be banned from the market.
8. An artist was hired to _________ a book on the birds of this vicinity.
9. If you _________ on shouting, I shall be compelled to leave.
10. It was not possible to _________ the excited woman after she was fined for jaywalking.
11. James has just about exhausted his father’s patience with his _________ behavior.
12. Only a brutal person would _________ someone who is disabled